Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ashland pull scraper /John Deere dozer

Geno · 2018-03-20 15:18

Hello I’m new here so bare with me .. Has anyone ever used a Deere 750C to pull a scraper? I have a couple 750C dozers and couple of Ashland dolly wheel scrapers.. one a 9 yard and the other a 13 yd .. always have been pulled with farm tractors . But was pondering on rigging up hydraulics on one of the 750’s so be able pull scraper or disk if needed. Anyone have an opinion?

Replies7
  1. #1Tones2018-03-20 19:25

    Can't see any problems with that idea. In another lifetime I used to operate a D7e towing a 16yd Birtely scoop and it self loaded real good. The 7e was 120hp and probably heavier than the 750 though. The blade was removed including the C frame for 2 reasons. It made turning alot easier and also cut down the track wear.

  2. #2Geno2018-03-21 08:43

    I guess what I’m not sure about is that the dozers are hydrostatic drive . Am curious if any others have done this.

  3. #3Tones2018-03-21 16:23

    Can't imagine it would any worse than doing a long push with a full blade. One job I did with the 7e was excavating a huge dam, moving the dirt up a hill to the stockpile. It was a powershift machine and it never had any problems with the trany overheating. My guess is the oil may get warmer pulling a load but will cool on the return.

  4. #4epirbalex2018-03-22 03:25

    Cultivation work is better with a direct drive probably for the same reasons as scoop work is . Never heard it was an overheating issue but economic use of fuel .

  5. #5deerert2952018-03-25 16:36

    have pulled Ashland ts110 with a deere 750j worked well no overheating in 90 degree temps loaded heapimg loads with good stinger bit

  6. #6Geno2018-03-26 20:58

    Deerert295 that’s good to know.. if I can ask ..how were the hydraulics configured on the Dozer to make it able to function with the scraper?

  7. #7deerert2952018-03-26 22:35

    it was a 2valve stack semi u blade added two more sections to stack the ts 110 is direct hitch not dolly