Well I'm selling my trucking company and will use some of the money to buy me a CTL The CTL will be used strictly ag only on a beef farm /ranch. In central Missouri. I will buy a 90-100 horse range because there will be alot of heavy lifting n pushing n some land cleaning up n old barns demo. Attachments that I will use Tree shear Box hammer/post driver Grapple Hay spear Buckets Just the average farm tasks and land clearing fence building and tear out What are the machine make n model would you buy? Why you would want that machine? It needs to be easily accessible to service n minor repairs Easily to clean cab out. I hate dirty cabs that goes to all the trucks n tractors we have. I'm looking at a 333e We run deere tractors n some of their hay implements n have great luck with them along w dealer support
If I was going brand new I would look at the Cat 299DXHP or a Takeuchi TL12, if your a farmer and used to comfortable tractors, then the Cat would be right up your ally lol
I'll look at the cat but will pass on the tak because their dealer is 2 hrs away n the deere n cat is just a 45 min drive I was told that cat are like 20 thousand higher than deere price
If both Deere and Cat are that close I would have them both out for a demo. I would bet the Cat may be a more money but it's way more machine than the Deere and in my opinion is better designed as well. If you demo both that may give you some leverage in price as well.
Good point tags. Far as I gotten is the what they have specs out on the paper but have not ran them yet
Ran Case, Cat, Kubota, and Bobcat last fall. Wanted to try a Deere, but the salesman is a tool and we decided if that's how they were going to be, service would probably be the same. As far as iron goes, the Cat is a nice machine, but the Bobcat beats it in comfort. The controls are flawless. My vote us for a Bobcat T770.
Must be they all go to the same meetings....I inquired about (2) used JD tracked machines, and asked if I may rent one for the weekend to try it, I would put about 8 hours on it over those 2 days, and figured that may a bit much for a "test drive", honest guy I am (or attampt to be). Gave me the forms for accounting, including wanting my bank account numbers (not gonna happen) and never called me on Monday (as promised). The local rental place don't need all that.
I've only ever been happy with one Deere guy, and he left and went to Cat. Wanted to try the Deere last fall. NO call back. After three days, called and asked for a price. Brand new, no trade, no finance. Just tell me how much. Never called back. So, I am not, and will not be running Deere any time soon.
The local bobcat dealer here is a joke. There a really good bobcat dealer but it 2 hrs away and that goes to the same as tak. I passed out on case from my research on case site is the biggest CTL they male is 80 horses????? If anyone want to correct me. I'm all ears. I looked at cat it seems like the acess to service is tight and poor visual out the back and the drive motor is not covered so if you get a stick in it n bust a line your screwed. I found a low hr one. Called them up n they asked where I'm from n come to find out I live in a protected area and they can not talk to me unless they have permission from my local dealer. I called the local dealer and we talked a Lil. I went down in person n i can't belive I can buy a brand new machine for less than what other dealers Want for a used low hrs one. I will b gettin a deere 333 e The dealer I'm buying this loader from.is the same dealer my family cattle operation buy their tractors n hay equipment from. And we had very good luck n service with them
I hope you like the controls. I spent some time talking to a dairy operator that got rid of his fleet of 4 E series Deeres because their E/H controls were so bad. He had to put down a couple cows because he hit them when the machine wouldn't do what he wanted it to do. Common problem with them.
****. I hope that don't happen. Did he give any examples what It did?? I got the performance package the one with h n i switch. Button start Yada yadda
Guessing you watched some Bobcat Advantage videos? :bash
The controls just weren't responsive enough for pushing out stalls or working along structures....jerky, they lagged and then responded. He said the machine had a mind of its own. Ksss has also posted on his experiences that were similar along with a few others. I actually see more E series in competitive dealer yards than any other new model skids or CTLs. IMO that means that guys aren't that happy with them.
No what video would that be? I just look at what they had specs out on the brochure I go n look at them in person n play a Lil dumb till sales man is done n we talked bout some other brands n compare them
They were a bunch of videos Bobcat released on youtube basically bashing other brands, usually making a mountain out of a mole hill. That was one thing they went over board on, hose routing, I'll try to find the video and post it.
We run all case machines the oldest having over 5000 hours and still picks up round bales. I design and build specialty post pounders that are not like anything on the market and if you are going to buy a post pounder as you described, try to find a CTL with a vertical lift. Helps with keeping the post straight without to mush movement. Our biggest machine is a Case 420ct and it will lift a pallet of quikrete mix off a trailer. I have been using a Deere for our newest pounder and it is a beast but the cab is not very comfortable or functional. Sat in a newer Deere and it was like a space shuttle with all bells and whistles. Couldn't figure out how to run it. Dealer availability would be a big factor in my decision. I have to order out all my parts for Case. Doesn't seem like anyone knows what a Case skid steer or ctl is in CA. But, it is CA.
Competent Dealer support is paramount. My Kubota SVL-90 Series 1 has been flawless.
What is the pounder you got???
My neighbor son got a Kubota n swears by it. I can't bring myself to bring a Kubota because they are kinda new on the market n wonder how long they will.last and resale value
It utilizes a concrete breaker and you see some on the market but we custom build the mount.
I have been running CAT 299XHP and 289D's...Both are awesome machines and have been trouble free. The 299XHP is the biggest and baddest on the market today.
Well after bein gone on the road haulin fat cattle. John deere dealer was the most supported n I'm purchasing and ordering a 333e. I asked for quotes on extended WARRANTY. Extended warranty is as follows * 1yr normal 1 yr extended 2000hr max** is $2607 *1yr normal 2 yr extended 2000hr max is* $3479 *************** ************ 3000hr max is* $5226 1 yr normal 3 yrs extended 2000hr max is $5597 I'm personally don't think it'll b worth it scince I'm using it on the ranch when I'm gone workin. What you guys thinks *
Never ran one, but people love the Kubota machine
It sounds like the OP bought a Deere. The power of JD marketing is strong with some, usually the Ag guys seem most susceptible. The green tractor and the yellow CE stuff are not the same. I could not believe that the 328E I ran was as poor of a machine from an operations standpoint as it was (I didn't like the ergonomics in the cab either). At this stage in EH evolution, it's poor performance was really surprising to me. Some guys apparently are OK with the EH performance since apparently they do sell a fair number of these machines. However I personally would never buy or chose to run one if I had to make a living running one. Just as a clarifying point, the CASE machines are 90 hp gross 84 net, but typically with about 282 foot pounds which puts them at or near the top of list depending on model. They don't run out of power, even at 10K feet elevation. I have been really happy with the power of my large frame CASE machines.
Good luck with your new machine. I would make sure you run it in some tight confined spaces before you run it near your cattle pushing stalls or anything like that. I've talked to a few small dairy owners who got rid of their E series Deeres because the EH controls aren't responsive enough and they hit a few cattle and had to put them down. The machine kind of had a mind of its own according to them.
Had nothing but problems on my Deere CTL's....drive motor going after 1000 hours and costing 15k to replace and flush with no help from Deere and I have been buying Deere farm equipment my whole life. Not a great pick in my opinion but good luck none the less...
First off I want to thank you all for your time and sharing your knowledge, experience and so forth. I appreciate it n if any of ya all was near me I'd give you a beer n a juicy steak. It's seems no matter what brand you buy there's always a person that loves it or don't care for it or hates it. I personally felt I gave I have several dealers a fair chance for their businesses n alot of you are not probably are aware of who I really am. This is my personal experience with some of the brand you all recommend. Case: I really do like the older cases before they start making case n new Holland looking like similar machines. I know case has better hydraulic hands down and that goes to the tractors exavators backhoes etc. I went to crown dealership in eldon mo n the man there said you don't want a case I been having nothing but problems with them and they're electric problems n the Kubota is the best buy. As I mentioned before my neighbors sons swears by it n it looks like a nice machine but I'm concerned how long do they last. I had several contractors told me that a Kubota runs good n they're impressed with power but hate the fact when a Kubota has 500 hours the pins n bushing are looser than a cat at 5000 hours. N that was the exavators n im.pretty sure they use the same mates metal kind in ctl n exavators for pins n bushings. I didn't even bother to look at a tak or bobcat bc the good dealers are so damn far away n time n dustance is a huge factor to me I didn't look at cat to hard because Jimmy cricket they're proud of their product n wasn't to happy with price tag but I know they're a beast n tuff. Like I said I'm on the road alot haulin fat cattle along with feeder cattle meeting all kinds of people in the beef industry n you learn alot from them n i been running in kansas nebraska n surrounding states I've passed dealership everyday n i look at them I've seen some places they have em awhile n some places they're flying off the lots. I do see more used bobcats new Holland n case sitting on lots than other brands. Kubota deere n cats is all I see out here on road work zones or construction outfits as I roll by them. I try to get the brand that's seems to be price reasonable n most used working everything is high. I just decided if I wanted one. Just might as well bite the bullet n get the brand new one so I know what I got and it's supposed to be the last year with out urea systems in it n i know they're upping the price by 4% by Jan 1st
http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10655917&dlr=1&pcid=882766
I must have missed the review part of your post....
Brand new will be more better. Though the cost is high for new one.
Hey thanks for your link here. I'll definitely your attached link.