Is there an easy way (better living thru chemistry) to get 5 year old asphalt out of my loader bucket?? I bought this loader 2 years ago and thought that it would work itself out. So far no luck. If the only way to get it out is to go after it with a "spud" bar than that is what I will do. I just want to check to see if there is an easier way, before losing my Saturday afternoon.
Diesel ! Apply some diesel on it with either bucket and brush or small sprayer. Let it soak in so several goes needed. Be careful not to get diesel everywhere and pollute. Set fire to the bucket using a bit of wood to help keep fire in. Be careful when putting more diesel on as it becomes a flame thrower. Use a long bar to keep scrapping it off, the tar should melt away. Make sure the bucket hasn't got any muck in. Hope this helps.
I have started a small fire and helt it over it just long enough to soften it then it comes right out then spray diesel on what is left after you scrape it then dirt will work the rest off.
OK, thanx. I like the flame thrower idea . Sounds like something to do on a Saturday afternoon after many beers!:drinkup
Get a large propane torch, the kind that hook to a twenty pound tank, you'll be done before you can think about getting a traditional fire going.
Weed burner torch or diesel. Or both.
Use a torch and heat the backside and use a big putty knife to peel it off, I had an old timer show that to me
Turns out my weed burner torch leaks and I didn't feel like foolin' with it. On the small patches I used a handheld propane torch and putty knife. For the thick stuff I put a diesel/gas mixture in the bucket along with a match. Once the fire was out the stuff just about fell out with a nudge from a spud bar. Thanks for the tips guys!!