Hello, I am junior chinese analyst, now focusing on American construction machinery industry. In china, individuals are very concerned about cost-effectiveness, but obviously this so-called low price strategy is not applicable to the US market at all. However, I just want to figure out what American end consumers pay attention to when buying a new machinery and what are their priorities, such as brand, after-sales service, industrial design, working performance, etc. Thank you for leaving some valuable comments.
Most importantly to me as American heavy equipment consumer is the marketing aspect of the deal. For example, will the sales representative provide alcoholic beverages and steak dinner, pre and post-purchase? Will the sales representative provide big-breasted, corn-fed, American escort ladies to my domicile? Those are my value-added comments. Thank you for asking.
I'm buying something that is U.S made, or at least by a "western" country. US, Canada, Germany, or Japan. I try not to buy anything built in China, unless there is no other alternative. Its harder than it used to be.
Have looked at a few Chinese excavators. The boom and stick on some seem pretty cheaply made. Folks don't want to be welding up cracks every weekend.
This is good to know. Since I as the end user and seat warmer end up getting screwed. It's nice to know that someone else got laid.
Coal has ALL that Asian eye candy up there..... I'm feeling kinda screwed meself....
You and Skyking made me blow coffee out my nose. Holy cow. You guys crack me up.
That's what I'm talking about! I'm in the market now!
Have to admit, sales representative may have shouted me a few pub meals with an alcoholic beverage in my time.
When I was in that world, we were told, it was fine to show a client a good time, just don’t come back to the dealership snockerd.
11. How cool does it look on the trailer and on the job site.
You guys ran off that poor China kid. He may never leave home now.
Why? Was sum ting, wong ?
Yeah I have a story or two from Peoria on dealer trips.