I have a Hitachi EX 120-3 and want to remove the air conditioning condenser to improve air flow to the oil cooler and radiator. The air conditioning does not work. There are two lines to the condenser. If they are disconnected do I need to cap them or do anything special to them? If the condenser is disconnected, aside from having no air conditioning, is there any other impacts I should be wary of?
Do you know if there is refrigerant still in the system ? I am assuming there is not but you know how that story goes. The remaining refrigerant should be recovered which requires special tooling. Cap the hoses if you have any intention of ever reusing them. Might as well take the drive belt off the a/c compressor too.
Thanks. No refrigerant and the drive belt had been removed by previous owner. This was a simple job and after cleaning the oil cooler, radiator and replacing some failing insulation…overheat problem at full throttle/work load is resolved. I will need to come up with a screen as the air draw into the engine bay is strong enough stuff was sticking to the oil cooler.
Larger Ag tractors use a screen in front of the radiator. Find a tractor near the size of your radiator and see if that works.
Originally there was a removable screen #17 . It slid into the vertical tracks #25 & 26. Should be easy enough to fab a suitable screen. See screenshot below. .
This is a 23” x 24” hinged in the middle to facilitate removal. Sits directly in front of the radiator on 100 hp tractor.