Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Associated Training Services alumni:

N.CarolinaDozer ยท 2008-03-31 21:17

Just wanting to know who attended A.T.S.? And if so which one (state). I went to the one in Lecanto, Fl. I was down there when Katrina hit new Orleans, and a lot of my classmates left scholl early, to got to the clean up. I stuck around and finished. And went back to N. Carolina. Let me know your experiences in school, and if you think it helped or hurt you.

Replies4
  1. #1Turbo218352008-03-31 21:26

    You already know the answer, but for everyone else. ATS Columbus Ohio. I was a member of the first class at that location. Got away with murder when it came to following ats rules. Scrapers in 8th gear, grabbing gears in the dump truck. Digging a little deeper than 3feet. Had a pc200 down as far as she could go. I could run equipment before, but no one around here would give you a chance without experience. Most of what i learned was site layout and construction math. Both were very helpfull. As for the placement service. I have yet to find a job from it. Got my first job at the company where Columbus ATS is based out of. Good old Red up in Wisconsin doesnt seem to do that good of a job finding companies that actually want operators. Seems to me they just go through Yellowpages.com and pull company names off of that

  2. #2N.CarolinaDozer2008-03-31 21:31

    Thanks Turbo. I had trouble with the placement too. They had companies in Florida but none in N.C. I found my job on my own. I cheated on the rules too! But we had to be carefull down in florida, if we dug to far we hit water!You also couldn't keep a ditch in tack, due to the sandy soil. Thanks again for the reply!

  3. #3N.CarolinaDozer2008-04-02 09:23

    Anyone else?:beatsme

  4. #4camara2008-04-02 17:41

    My oldest son Chuck went to their place in New Hampshire. The certificates he got from them does not meet the requirements, so we have been told by Dept of Public Safety, so he still has to go through all the b/s to get a license here in Mass. Their placement services called for a while but when I told her that there was no way anyone would give him a job without a license around here and that I feel like I wasted my money they stopped calling!