Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Final word

CascadeScaper ยท 2008-03-31 13:31

Just heard back from my training coordinator for my union, I made it into the apprenticeship. I thought I was accepted if I had made it out to the grounds 3 weeks ago for safety and orientation week, but they had one more cut to make. I was ranked #2 out of 100 people who made it that far and 1,000 people interviewed, they only took 50 on this go around. Feelin' pretty good today, training starts on the 28th of April and dispatch is looking like July sometime.

Replies6
  1. #1Wolf2008-03-31 13:56

    Congratulations Nice going man. Great job. Keep us posted

  2. #2redline2008-03-31 14:02

    congrats

  3. #3CascadeScaper2008-03-31 14:32

    Thanks guys, I'm pretty pumped up to get into a new realm of the industry and learn some new stuff.

  4. #4Lashlander2008-04-01 09:11

    Tell Allan Darr hi for me.:drinkup

  5. #5Squizzy246B2008-04-01 09:27

    :usa:drinkup:notworthy:scool

  6. #6CascadeScaper2008-04-01 14:02

    You know Allan? That's pretty sweet. I haven't met him yet, but I know who he is. I've been reading the Loadline, trying to figure out how things work in the Union. Our training directors navigate us through the process pretty well, but I like to be somewhat self sufficient and have a good idea of what goes on outside my little apprenticeship world. Thanks again guys, I'll try to keep posted as the process goes on. All I know is that the last week of our training at the grounds, that Saturday and Sunday I believe it is, is the Top Hand competition and we all have to be there. I think I may try my hand on excavator, see where I rank compared to the journeymen. Hahaha :drinkup