Hey folks, questions about the ASV positrack 4500 machine. Lets say one is running good normal wear and tear 2500hrs, what would it be worth, rough quesstimate is fine? Are parts for these still aviable, if so are they reasonable in price? What should a mechanically inclined buyer look for when checking one out? I know to look for leaks and stuff anything else that might not be so obvious? Are they a fuel hog? Does their performane out weigh any down falls especially compared to other tracked SS's? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks
bump; Has no one ever run one of these, how about even being around one?
A search on machinerytrader dot com will help you determine a value.
Yeh I looked around and even called a few places, believe I'll leave this particular model, machine alone. Seemed to be a good machine in it's day but trying to find out anything about it now.......well lets just say a wee bit hard.
A friend of mine has a HD 4500 that I run every once in a while. In my opinion it is a great machine that can get a lot of work done. The only downfall I can think of is that the undercarriage for this machine is very expensive. He also has a frame mounted 6 way blade for it that can be a PITA to attach. I would not shy away from this machine as long as the undercarriage is in great shape or you can get one cheap. You should be able to get parts at any ASV dealer.
Thanks Palmer78, I agree they were a great machine but they're also getting on in years. The undercarriage is the exact reason I'm shying away, price for upkeep/fixes is high plus one has to wonder how long before parts disappear???? Add the lack of info, sales, and knowledge and it becomes even harder to put a price tag on. Just look at this forum alone, had this question up for a week and only 2 people responded, it's a shame but I don't want to gamble on future working hrs of a machine(lack of parts, suppliers, etc...) It did seem to be a nice machine, but like with anything used, the big question is ........whats lies hidden that is going to break??