Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

McLaren NextGen TDF™ Series Track Loader Rubber Tracks ?

rockman · 2013-03-20 02:47

Is anyone running these style of tracks of the machines at all ?. Have you had a good run out of them ?. I'm running a TAKEUCHI TL250 and looking at a new set of tracks . I have tried the genuine tracks but at around $3500 per side , it makes you start to look around at other tracks . The McLAREN tracks are around $2000 a side , they say that the ride is alot better due to the lugs being closer . Half my work is benching / levelling for house pads with the remaining work using a asphalt profiler and broom combination . This involves alot of turning around on the asphalt resulting in increased wear on the tracks . My charge out rate covers this . Thanks for any replies Cheers Jim

Replies1
  1. #1Mark132013-03-20 12:59

    A friend has them on their older Gehl CTL 60. I've spent about 5 minutes in it so I can't say much but I did notice it to be smoother riding and having better traction in snow then my TL230 with the factory style block tracks. I asked them about the tracks and they said their 10x better then the factory tracks but they can be pretty rough on turf/hay fields if your turning tight. Most of their use is in hay fields picking up bales and general use around their farm. Very little use on hard surfaces, mostly hay ground and gravel. I plan to go with a similar style once my machine needs tracks.