I have a chance to buy an ASV 4810 in near perfect condition. I was wondering what some of you thought about these machines if you have any experience with them.
I had an MD2810 for a while. It was a great machine- still have a chance to run it now and then. My feeling was that the 4810 had almost too much power if that's possible - whereby it would break traction easier than the 2810. We have an RC100 now. The ASV's are great machines.
We have one with 4500 hours on it. It still runs great. The undercarriage is a nightmare. We have done ours over 4-5 times at least.
I have heard that planetarys are out at around 1800-2000hrs, just what i have heard though. Good luck Brent.:beatsme
We got a little more out of ours around 2500-3000hrs. I think it has the worst designed cab out of anything I have ever run.
Thanks for the input guys. What happens when the planetarys start to go out? The only thing that worries me is when I put full pressure on the right track only, like to make a hard left turn, It makes a little bit of a squealing sound. The guy tells me it is just hitting the relief but it only does it when it gets warm. Is there a way to check the planetarys and how much do they cost? This machine has 1400 hours on it, perfect undercarriage, 4 in 1 bucket, and forks for $21000. What do y'all think.:beatsme
we ran a 4810 for three years dated but cant fault it ,outperforms the new rc 100 by a long way.the only downfall was asv we waited nine weeks for them to replace a faulty track,and six weeks for an axle now we changed to a mustang 2109 which is better by far.
How many hours do you have on the 2109?
only 40 hours ,paint still got a shine
We had a 7810 Gehl and did not have very good luck with it.
The squealing sound happens when you don`t use both steering levers at the same time, especially if you are not at wide open throttle, these machines like wide open throttle. that has nothing to do with the planetarys. they will start to leak oil and if you don`t notice it, will run dry and ruin the planetary
Thanks for all the info guys. I havent had time to get back on here for a while. They came on down to $21,000 and I got some clean oil samples back so I went ahead and bought the thing, much to the dismay of my wife. lol. Mackcat, Where are you located in NC? Do you have a 4810? I live close to Boone.
Lawnranger, I`m from conover which is close to hickory. I have owned 2 4810 and 2 2810 posi-tracks. 4810 is an awesome machine, if we only had a good dealer close by. closest dealer is in charlotte.