Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer BarBQ

CabbageThe1 ยท 2008-09-23 17:21

I was driving around the other day and saw the back of a Cat Skid Steer and it looked okay from were I was at, until I got closer........ I hope the guy that bought them has fun restoring them!!

Replies18
  1. #1dirt digger2008-09-23 18:03

    ouch...heres a good one i found last year...not trying to hijack

  2. #2tonka2008-09-23 18:38

    Man that super L is....... crispy!

  3. #3dirt digger2008-09-23 18:46

    thats a Super M...a newer one at that, you can tell by the exhaust stack

  4. #4tonka2008-09-23 19:27

    ahhh yer right its pointed forward:notworthy

  5. #5Sandhills-elect2008-09-23 19:34

    DAM that is some good advertisement!!:drinkup

  6. #6CM19952008-09-23 20:09

    It's interesting that the tires burned completely on the wheeled machine yet the tracks are still intact on the CTL.

  7. #7dirt digger2008-09-23 20:09

    well that and the fact it has a much heftier clamp holding it down...our 2003 Super M's just have a hole cut in the hood and it comes off the muffler and the thing shakes bad when you're just at idle...the newer ones have a much nicer exhaust clamp that keeps it from shaking at idle

  8. #8CabbageThe12008-09-23 23:05

    No thats fine, I find it funny that every forum that I'm on I somehow get people to change the subject. I just find it funny. That is a cool shot of that backhoe though.

  9. #9CAT D9H2008-09-23 23:38

    Wow thats not good , the tracks held up pretty fair on that one

  10. #10312King2008-09-28 23:30

    well at least the arms will have been heat treated for strength. haha, that sucks wounder what the story is here

  11. #11txbrushbuster2008-11-12 10:57

    Looks Familiar I've had 2 that look like that.

  12. #12euclid2008-11-13 06:33

    So was it electrical or vandals that made'em crispy?

  13. #13txbrushbuster2008-11-17 00:23

    Burned Cats 1st one elect. 2nd started from a high presure hydr. leak set off by the hot turbo. I put out the 2nd but it re ignited several hrs later.Cats colect alot of debris in my case dried cedar.

  14. #1490plow2008-11-17 07:47

    I like the fire extinguisher on the trailer...

  15. #15CabbageThe12008-11-17 19:08

    Lol I didn't even notice that tell now....

  16. #16CarterKraft2008-11-30 21:42

    after seeing some of those in person I have no idea why anyone would want to buy those? Fires that hot destroy everything, there is not anything left i bet save for the chassis.

  17. #17Yellowdog2008-12-02 14:09

    when scrap prices go up..i'd like to have one. That's a lot of iron that can be recycled. I imagine it is not in any shape to be reconditioned..yikes.

  18. #18Rodeocowpoke2008-12-17 15:14

    Nice Pictures Good Pics... Need to see more pics so I appreciate the condition of my 773...