Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV PT-60 – faulty fuel gauge?

sepulchral ยท 2016-09-29 09:26

Had a truck come late last night for a delivery and he dropped his gate at the bottom of my driveway (45 degree slope driveway)... My fuel gague needle was bouncing between 1/8 and 1/4 and running fine on level ground... when I went down to meet him and tried driving back up the hill the machine kept dying and stalling... After 10 or so restarts i was able to inch up enough to level ground at which point the machine ran fine and did not cutout or die.. My thoughts were that I might have a faulty fuel gauge... i didn't have any extra diesel to fill up the ASV but I just was curious if I should check something else (ie fuel pickup) ... pretty ****** if these machines naturally "die" on hills if the fuel is just at a low level.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-29 11:36

    Were you going up forward, or backing up? Typically equipment is designed to have the fuel tank topped off at the end of each shift to reduce condesnation, and run a full shift under normal conditions with about 1/4 tank left. While there may be an issue with the pickup or the fuel sender, it seems likely to me it was just sucking air due to the combination of angle and low fuel level.

  2. #2sepulchral2016-09-29 12:12

    I was going forward