I am planning on purchasing a new Case 280 skid steer and was looking for opinions on the optional ISO/H electric over hydraulic controls. Anyone with experience have an opinion either way? The machines primary use will be snow removal. I expect to use it for other typical tasks but not to the degree that many skids see. It may get used 16 hours a month at the most for typical excavating/augering, etc. I know there is the "less moving parts means less to break" line of thought, but excluding that, do the new electronic controls make tasks easier? Thanks for any and all opinions.
The latest generation of EH controls is much better than the originals as far as dependability. I have an early 2012 TR320 that has had three control handles prior to 800 hours. I have a 2014 SV300 with 800 hours that has not had any issues. So I think they got the Rexroth handles dialed in. I rented a TV380 that has manual controls and actually it was not as heavy as I was expecting. I would still prefer EH. I believe all Alphas have a three year warranty so your covered for the first three years and you can always extend the coverage if you have issues. I like the short throw of the EH and you can dial it in to respond as you prefer it to.
Thanks KSSS, I appreciate the good word.