Hello to the forums. Been reading for a number of years but just signed up to see if I can pick someones brain. Actually I have the polaris ASL 300 which is really just the rebranding ASV RC 30. I have close to 800 hours on the machine and most of the normal weak points have failed. Drive motor seals, track wheel bearings... In researching these failures I ran across a mention of the coupling for the main pump also failing on these machines. No biggy, I will just fix it like all the others problems I figured, but then it hit me. I run my machine on steep, 4 foot wide trails to and around my property. What would happen if the coupling fails climbing or decending a steep grade? Free wheeling, no bucket control.... It does have the spring loaded hydraulic piston parking brake system that works by propping into the track sprocket. First off I think the machine would be moving too fast for it to engage and second if it did, since it is only on one track, it would spin the tractor sideways and roll it over. Once rolling it is a 1200 vertical foot ride. I saw mentioned in one of the threads on ASV/terrex that the new drive motors have built in braking? Anyone one have any info on that or any other thoughts on this? Beings that this would be a life or death component failure I figure it would be worth it to spend a couple of grand to address this.
No replies yet.