Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV RC 30 Pilot control seals

OMF · 2024-11-04 20:47

Good day folks, My little ASV RC30's pilot controls are leaking hydraulic oil out of the bullet plungers and it's dripping all over the interior. ASV wants you to replace the whole assembly, but there's no need for that when a simple seal can be replaced to repair it. I've found a good seal for the outside, but can't seem to find a replacement for the very small lip seal that seals the actual bullet. ASV seems to use common pilot controls in there machines so I'm hoping someone has run across this before and will have some info, Tips, sizes, part#'s, something...... 2006 ASV RC30 Serial # RSA02857 Cheers

Replies2
  1. #1L3akaL32024-11-11 11:50

    I don't know that part but I have been ordering my seals from Titan fittings and they seem to have just about everything out there. They usually ship my order in one day. Like you said, ASV seems to use standard stuff. I've been rebuilding my PT100 and changing a lot of seals. I'm using the upgraded Viton ones instead of the old rubber ones and just ordered a bunch of various sizes 10, 12, 14 etc. I just did the pilot control block that is over the fuse box a couple days ago. Those were fun. Not! Can't get a wrench on the middle ones so you work your way from one end to the other loosening then back as you fasten everything back together.

  2. #2Arny L2024-11-11 15:49

    My 2001 RC 30, hasn’t leaked yet, but I did take a photo of pilot control valve, a while back. Made by Cat. There’s a serial number on there that might help you. In fact the hydrostatic pump is all Cat as well. Nige on this forum is the master at Cat part numbers, maybe he’ll chime in. I would like to know for myself, for down the road.