I have an RC60 which I purchased new two years ago which now has 265 hours on the clock. In the last couple days it has started to creep ever so slightly when stopped on a slight incline. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what's the cure? I did call the service manager where I purchased tractor and he told me this is normal? I wouldn't think so!! Thanks in advance.
if you look at all the new sr series and the rc30 they all have parking mechanical brakes.
Most hydrostatic machines will creep a little on a slight incline since their brakes are hydraulically retracted (plates inside the rear of the drive motors are "pressed flat when the machine has charge pressure) and mechanically applied (machine is turned off or lap bar is up or seatbelts are disconnected- plates spread out). Many manufacturers have put a solenoid in the circuit that allows the operator to manually engage the park brake while the machine is running. this cutts our hydraulic charge pressure to the drive motors where the brakes are located. I think ASV has a 1-800 number that allows you to speak with a service technician. You might think about calling them to back-up what your dealer is telling you. Good luck.
rc60 I just got my rc60 havn't noticed that yet, have you noticed have crankcase venting. i have an 05 with 150hr on a perkins. and where dose your crankcase vent contect to if anything. My oil is still clean not loseing any or making any so, i don't know.