Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV rc100 hydraulic question

Oscar18 · 2018-11-18 10:54

I have a 2006 ASV rc100 I bought used. When i am using a FAE Mulcher and the the head “dead stalls” the loader won’t lift until the head spools back up. Same thing happens when I use the low flow side on my tire grabbing tool, if I extend the cylinders and hold the button the machine won’t lift. I am hoping it is maybe a relief some place. Anyone have a experience like this and can point me in a direction? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2018-11-18 12:27

    It sounds like a plumbing problem more than anything. Are you plumbed into some auxiliary circuit to run the mulcher or does it have it's own pump and control valve. Maybe the functions are on one pump up stream from the control valve running the boom?

  2. #2Oscar182018-11-18 13:08

    The attachments are both plugged into the normal quick disconnects that come standard on the machine. And I have used the same FAE head on a different RC 100 and I don’t recall it doing this

  3. #3John C.2018-11-18 13:11

    As I recall, the cool thing about the hydraulic systems in these machines is that they had so many configurations to run so many different attachments. You might try tracing the hoses and piping back to the valves.

  4. #4Oscar182018-11-18 13:14

    I will have to look into how it is plumbed. Thank you!

  5. #5Oscar182018-11-19 09:18

    As far as I could tell the high flow lines went to the high flow valve in the engine compartment. I am planning on checking some pressures today to make sure they are up to snuff