Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

S595 tire

wrc ยท 2018-11-18 20:26

I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a good answer. I've got a s595 loader. It has the 10x16.5 tires. It was an option to get 12x16.5 according to Bobcats website. I am short on traction more then I would like and honestly the machine feels too tippy. Has anyone here ever changed tire size to 12x16.5? If so were the results very noticeable? The other option I thought of would be a set of over the tire tracks? I know tires would be the cheapest, if I go with ott they will have to be rubber. As 70 to 80 percent of my time is spent on pavement. Ive also thought of steel ott but I think they would be too much of a hassle. I'm hoping someone can say a larger set of tires is a game changer.

Replies4
  1. #1garry w2018-11-18 21:26

    it will help we put 12 s on original rims on a7753 years ago an never regretted it

  2. #2KSSS2018-11-18 21:51

    If you don't need to the 10's to stay under a certain width, there is nothing that the 12's don't do better.

  3. #3wrc2018-11-18 23:46

    I'm glad you chimed in ksss when it comes to skiddys you are the opinion I always look for on here. In your opinion will the 12s make a noticeable difference or should I just plan on tracks? I was really wanting to stay with tires they are cheap in comparison.

  4. #4crewchief8882018-11-19 18:45

    FWIW the 12/16.5's are probably on a wider wheel as well...