Machine was parked 3 days ago working fine. Machine will start and run but has no hydraulic function bucket or drive functions. Fluid level is good. Checked all fuses and relays. Installed a pressure gauge on the test port on the hydraulic filter manifold and recorded 518PSI so I know we are moving oil while running. Ruling out coupler or pump shaft failure. When you start the machine and lower the seat bar and close the door I get the yellow 1st speed light. I can switch it into 2sp and get the green light. As I open the door or raise the seat bar the light will go out. Not sure if the seat switch should do the same thing or not but it does not. I can not gain access to the seat switch or the wiring. The arms are down and can not raise thew cab. Any insight on how this system works would be great as I am not familiar with this machine. Owner is going to have me install new fluid and filters on machine but I think this will not affect the current lack of operation. Thanks JJ
Don't you just love all that safety stuff and the lack of a proper repair manual for these machines. Free download manuals to be had here http://www.trackloaderparts.com/free-manual.html includes an electrical diagram but it prob won't show you were the components are located on the machine. It did not for my ASV-4810 either.
My thoughts are that there is no pilot pressure. This can be caused by ( among other things) a seat switch, bar or door switch. Check this first before you change filters & fluid. The fact the light goes out when you move the last two makes me think that these are ok. On my machines there is a noticeable difference in the feel of the controller when the lap bar is raised, they become a little looser. Its subtle, but its there. This looseness is due to no pilot pressure at controller. Both motion and bucket rely on this pressure, and since you lost both at the same time... I "think" the 3 switches are in series, and go to ground. When one is open, it cuts out the pilot solenoid, then nothing happens on machine. Seat switch is in seat, are you sure you can't remove seat without raising the cab? First thing I would do is slam my ass down hard on the seat, try to get the switch behavin'. Best if no one watches this, lol. Good luck
My machine's sitting idle for the same reason. Thanks a lot manufacturers for making our machines so safe that they don't work.
I have a asv and if one of the switches in the cab are on no hyd functions will work like quick tatch and high flow
Okay I figured out the machine. Mice had ate the wiring from the bottom of the fuse block to the Pilot Generation Solenoid valve. Wow what a ordeal that turned out to be to get to. I must now admit I am much more familiar with this machine and how it works now. Now have a service and parts manual in addition to a wiring schematic.
Hardline I’m having a problem with both the seat switch and the lap bar switch. Have replacement parts but need wiring diagrams. Would you mind sharing the one you have? Also, mechanic manually lifted bucket and left up to access seat with another digger. Will this cause an issue with hydrolics when we get it back up and running. No option to manually lower it at this point. Thanks.
I know this is an old thread, but I had a similar failure on my RC60. Like most suggested, I spent a ton of time tracing out the wiring to ensure seat, lap, and door switches were good (and no mouse-chewed wiring). Turns out there are a pair of valves the safety switches control to allow pilot pressure for movement and arm. In my case, the valves had gotten stuck and the solenoids were bad (blowing fuse). Took me forever to find... on an RC60, they are under your feet and below the fuel tank. Accessed by removing belly pan and crawling under machine. Knowing what I know now, I could have fixed this is a couple hours (not the couple weeks it took me to tear everything apart looking for the problem). Hope this helps someone down the road....
this literally happened to me yesterday , machine died while scraping snow at an extreme angle so everything stopped with front end up in air with weight on bucket. nice. jumped out seat, door and lap bar switch, still nothing , checked all fuses and swapping relays, nothing. and i can't find a print for my rc60. so hopefully i can locate these valves and check them. but mine isn't blowing fuses. if you have any info on this, like prints or how to get them, i would greatly appreciate it.
Hi Cris, I am having an issue with my RC 30 that sounds like it might be related to yours. All hydraulics in my machine will randomly stop working and then start working again. Sometimes it starts and stops so quickly it is like a shudder. Both the drive and the loader are affected. I have checked the seat, bar, and swapped out the relays. When it happens it is more aggressive than driving and lifting the bar. I am hoping that you might have an idea?
I just went through this on my RC30 as well. Turned out to be loose grounding wires at the cluster under the LH rear hydraulic tank mount. They are the most difficult one's to access, but was able to remove and clean each of the seven ground wires from the topside. I would also check the electrical connection at the solenoid valves at the pilot block. Remove the floor and it's just underneath and towards the back of the machine.
Asv's are such a pain electrically. My latest issue is if the fuse box is full of water then everything works. If it's dry it will be a crapshoot.