Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV RC50 Won’t move/electrical issue?

BP757 · 2024-06-29 17:42

I've got a 2004 RC50 that runs great, but all hydraulics suddenly stopped working recently. It's an old former rental unit and at some point most of the safety systems had been bypassed...the lap bar and seat switches are disconnected/bypassed and the safety relay was replaced with a jumper wire. When all hydraulics recently stopped working, I checked the safety fuse and noticed at some point the 10amp fuse was replaced with a 20A, which was blown/kinda melted...for testing purposes, I replaced with another 20A fuse and the hydraulics worked for about 15 seconds, before melting the safety fuse again. I haven't been able to find a wiring diagram yet for the RC50 (does anyone here have one???), but I'm assuming the only thing left in the safety circuit is the safety solenoid(s) on the "power beyond valve"? Does anyone have a PDF file of the electrical and hydraulic diagrams? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies2
  1. #1BP7572024-07-04 12:05

    Quick update...I made it back out to my property today to mess with this RC50. I put a new safety fuse in it, started it up and got the bucket raised up and locked in place so I could get under it and remove the front belly pan...while I was raising the bucket I was trying to move the machine forward and discovered none of the track hydraulics work, but all of the bucket hydraulics work fine. I had it running for a few minutes, and while the safety fuse didn't blow, I smelled something that resembled electrical burning/getting hot. For the past week+ I was thinking there was a problem with the safety solenoid coil and/or the power wire between it and the fuse, but if that was the case, the auxiliary hydraulics shouldn't work either, correct? Haven't been able to find and electrical or hydraulic diagrams for this machine, but I did find an electrical diagram for a RC30 that seems very similar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

  2. #2OMF2024-07-06 12:14

    Have you tried contacting ASV for a wiring diagram? If you get the right person on the phone, they might help you out. You probably have a rub through on a wire somewhere, and that’s what I would be tackling first....burning electrical is bad news.