Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2017 289D 695-3 & speed sensor codes

Wazmer · 2024-06-29 17:31

Newbie here. Bought a used 289D about a month ago. Did a few hours worth of driveway work and minor stuff and everything worked fine. I ordered a brush cutter the other day and when unloading it, I randomly got the 695-3 along with left and right speed sensors #1 and #2 (all 4). This seem to happen at a point when I activated 2-speed. I’m assuming they didn’t all fail at once. I had planned to change fluids and filters yesterday, so I did that. I got a low battery voltage alarm once when moving the machine a few feet for final drive oil changes. There was a lot of dirt built up under the cab, but I cleaned it and traced the harness and checked plugs and everything seemed fine. I then put the battery on the charger for most of the day. It didn’t seem to get over 50% on trickle charge (according to my cheap Ampeak smart charger) but got up to 90% after setting the charger to 10A. I am wondering if a bad battery could cause this. It is probably the original so 7 years old. The machine does start fine however. Could it be a bad ground somewhere that I missed? I didn’t see anything specific in the manual but is there a certain fuse I should check? I haven’t gotten the meter out yet but I will do so tonight unless someone has a simple solution.

Replies3
  1. #1ColdBlackWind2024-07-09 10:47

    I benefitted greatly from going through all my sensors, unplugging, spraying out with contact cleaner and then packing with dielectric grease.

  2. #2Nige2024-07-09 10:58

    There are a dozen or so models. Please narrow it down with a Serial Number. E695 (3) - Unexpected Motor Speed Detection Disabled - This event is an active only event (will not be logged). The event designates the unexpected motor speed detection control has been disabled due to a motor speed sensor circuit fault. A motor speed sensor circuit fault includes the motor speed signals and power supply (8V Power Supply). The event will only be active when the hystat transmission lever is in forward or reverse. Most likely an issue with a speed sensor(s). Start by checking all the speed sensor harness connectors for green crusties and/or dirt buildup. If you find anything treat as recommended above by @ColdBlackWind

  3. #3ColdBlackWind2024-07-10 12:06

    “Most likely an issue with a speed sensor(s). Start by checking all the speed sensor harness connectors for green crusties and/or dirt buildup. If you find anything treat as recommended above by @ColdBlackWind” As directed by Nige!!!