Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV SR80 hydraulic issue

Petez ยท 2023-04-07 19:25

I have an sr80 that when I use a grapple the grapple won't hold pressure, either the grapple slowly falls or when I'm squeezing some brush it will open the grapple. I have to keep keep the hydraulic lever buttons pushed either way to keep it applying pressure or it instantly bleeds off. called a dealer and they said this is just how this machine is. doesn't make sense to me as grapple losing pressure is irritating as well as more dangerous. I have an RC100 asv and the hydraulics hold the grapple in place no problem at all. is the dealer right about the sr80 designed this way?

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632023-04-07 19:27

    No, they are full of sh*t. If it is drifting both directions, I would look at the cylinder seals first thing.

  2. #2Tones2023-04-07 20:11

    I can be the solenoid that's not working properly also. Sometime they need removing and a clean up.

  3. #3Petez2023-04-11 14:03

    Ya the cylinder is good. grapple operates fine on another track loader i have. I think i'll check all the solenoids next step

  4. #4Tones2023-04-11 17:23

    Just to confirm, are you using the buttons or rocker switch? If it's the switch then that can be the problem because it doesn't centre properly. They are a progressive switch.

  5. #5Petez2023-04-11 17:54

    it's a rocker switch, side to side one

  6. #6Tones2023-04-12 01:30

    OK, test it to see if it's resting in a neutral position. It may not be.