Looking for a wiring diagram for the charging system, machine will not charge had alternator checked and was told it was ok and replaced with a new battery and cleaned all cables still not charging correctly. Serial No. FTL12008
More information: not charging or battery light won’t go out?
Schematic sent. Check your messages.
Low system voltage check alternator and battery message showing on the screen. Both have been checked and battery replaced
Thanks for the diagrams
What is actual voltage at alternator and battery vs what the screen shows?
12.4 volts
Looks like you should have battery power on the white wire at the alternator R terminal with the key switch on. Do you have that?
Yes .2 Volts less than the battery power. with the key on Battery Voltage drops to 11.8 volts. with key off battery is at 12.4 volts
Starting to doubt the alternator being good
Could you send this diagram to me Nige please and thank you
What’s the S/N of the machine you’re working on.? There are breaks in ranges and the schematic for one S/N might not be appropriate for another despite the two machines having the same prefix.
Flt10947 my mistake thanks again
Do you mean FTL.?
Ftl not flt editing department is slacking this morning
Check your messages.
Hi Nige, I’m working I’m working on a 259d skid steer alternator not charging I’m getting 12 volts at the white wire but I’m not getting anything to the green wire could you send me the diagram please?
Need a Serial Number to identify the correct schematic. 12v is low if the engine is running. Should be 14+.
CAT0259DPFTL19742
Message sent. See my comment abvove regarding your 12v measurement.
This info received from @Joshua3824 . Need a bit of electrical help here........... For info the 403 Green wire goes nowhere. It is part of the engine harness as far as the first big connector but has no mating wire on the other side of the connector. I'm assuming it's because the machine does not have a tacho. "We put a new battery because the old one was dead. So as of now is only running from the battery voltage which is 12 volts, I tested how many volts the alternator is getting on the connector with the white wire and is getting same voltage as the battery with the machine on." "there is another conector with a green wire that I’m not sure what it is, but if apply 12 volts with the power probe to that green wire while is connected to the alternator it starts charging 14 volts and stays charging even if I remove the 12 volts front the power probe. Then if I turn the machine off and start it back up it goes back to the same issue." "Alternator was replaced 2 months ago not by me." "The white & green wires are connected correctly to the R & P terminals."
Did China man hook up the P and R terminals backwards in the new alternator? Is it a Cat alternator or aftermarket?
Entirely possible. Aftermarket.
Does it function normally with the p and r swapped?
We'll have to ask @Joshua3824 to try that and report back.
don't have a schematic to view but fairly sure that green wire is for the hr meter
Sorry but it isn't. Strictly speaking it's for a separate tacho which this machine does not have. As posted above 403-GN goes as far as the engine harness connector CONN 4 but does not come out of the other side. Info received since Post #21 above states that in later machines that particular wire has been removed from the engine harness completely as it is not required.
ok then as you supplied a schematic from sis which I no longer have .it shouldn't be to bad to diagnose. Perhaps he could try using the cat 7 step trouble shooting method......its very effective and stops guess work and running in circles.