Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV SR80 Question

jcc1879 ยท 2015-06-22 23:34

I have a 2007 SR80 that I have recently bought a root rake grapple for. Everything about the machine and the grapple works as it should with one exception. When I open the grapple up and release the rocker switch the grapple will ease back down to the closed position. It will also ease open if the rake itself is rolled forward. So the only way to keep this thing open or closed depending on the situation is to continually hold the rocker switch which seems to zap hydraulic power. The previous owner said it did this with his 4 in 1 bucket as well. I've pulled a few of the solenoids it the pilot gen block but haven't seen any that were visibly damaged like bad o-rings. Would anybody happen to have any ideas?

Replies5
  1. #1Tones2015-06-23 18:00

    I reckon the problem is the switch. If I remember right they are a progressive switch and the springs in it get weak and will not centre it. Taking the switch out and cleaning out any dust may also help.

  2. #2jcc18792015-06-23 18:29

    Thanks for the reply. I'll take it apart and see what it looks like but I don't think that's my problem because the switch will return to center when released. But I could be wrong.

  3. #3Tones2015-06-24 18:01

    Another way to test the switch is swap the wires over then operate that function. If the problem is opposite to whats happening now then it's the switch

  4. #4jcc18792015-06-26 16:38

    Problem solved. On the left lift arm there is the manifold that has your high and low flow couplers on it. On top of that manifold is a relief valve. I removed the relief valve and found two small bb's like what is in a ball point pen maybe smaller. I removed them reinstalled the valve and bam! Works like it should. Thank you Tones for your responses. I do appreciate it.

  5. #5Tones2015-06-26 20:46

    Well done jcc, just goes to show look for the simple things first.