Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL130 Hydraulic Oil

kwnate ยท 2015-06-17 10:45

I have an attachment for my TL130 that I also use with my volvo excavator. I found that the volvo uses an ISO46 hydraulic fluid and the TL runs a 15-40 motor oil in the hydraulic system. I don't wan them to mix and possibly damage both machines so my question is, would it be safe to flush out the system/filters on the TL130 and run the ISO46 in it from now on or is there a reason that they use motor oil in the TL? Thanks, Nate

Replies1
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-07-23 00:28

    Engine oil has a higher sheer rating than hydraulic oil. That's why its so common in hydrostatic systems. Ask your dealers, or check in your operator manuals. but I don't thing you can change a takeuchi to hydraulic oil. Not sure about changing a Volvo to engine oil though.