Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV T120. IS it worth the extra bucks?

Scrapyard Black Cloud · 2021-08-26 21:02
Replies6
  1. #1T320FL2021-08-26 21:22

    Are you serious? They have the worst owner/operator reviews that I've ever read about. After running a mulcher for 8 years on a CTL, you would be better off looking at another brand.

  2. #2heymccall2021-08-26 22:01

    While I use my CTLs on asphalt jobs, given a choice, I use my SSLs. Rubber tire is definitely better for road work. My new 262D3 is awesome behind a planer. Cruise control and faster than a track machine when jumping around on the jobsite.

  3. #3southernman132021-08-28 16:51

    Never understood all the bad press. I’ve had two of the asv PT100’s. They performed well. Never had an issue. They would run hot with a mulcher and the cab wasn’t real cool. But I’ve heard the newer ones were better. We have a 95-2 bota now it does good but theses dozer sprocket style will throw a track quick if you hit a stump up doesn’t see lol

  4. #4southernman132021-08-28 16:54

    Mulching is hard on all of the skid steers I will say that fosho

  5. #5Tones2021-08-28 17:26

    But nowhere as bad as the 299D2's. I believe there is a class action taking place against Cat over them. Some of those folk have gone to the RT120F and are very happy with its work ability

  6. #6Mark132021-08-28 20:51

    They're a nice machine for forestry work, but they would be pretty low on my list of machines for an asphalt and paving company. You'd likely be better off with a rubber tire skid steer, if you absolutely want a ctl then something with a rigid undercarriage would be better then the mtl undercarriage. The ASV would work but it's far from the right setting for that machine.