Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV undercarriage roller replacement with steel rollers from Bair Company

lake side bob ยท 2016-11-28 22:48

Any one replace their CAT 257 undercarriage bogies and idles with the metal ones from Bair Products? What has been your experience and opinion of them. Do they work as well as a steel under frame bogies/idlers?

Replies1
  1. #1f311fr12016-11-29 09:05

    I have Bair axles and wheels on my RC100 with heavy duty CAT tracks. I have noticed that the ride quality is not quite as good as OEM wheels. Also the Bair axles are a PITA to grease. We put it up on a tandem dual flat bed trailer and use a home made grease wand to access the fittings. It takes two people. On my RC85 I had Track Loader Parts rebuild my ASV axles and I bought their Duroforce aftermarket wheels, The inside center bogie wheels did delaminate in a very short time. They did replace them but I had a pair of CAT OEM wheels that I put on while the damaged wheels and new wheels were in shipment. I would suggest maybe a mix of OEM and aftermarket wheels. I bought my Bair parts from Midwest Parts in Columbus OH.