Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 277 worn outer sleeves on drive cage

Shovelworks ยท 2016-11-27 09:37

Hello, I have a 277 and on one of the drive cages (one has been replaced) the outer sleeves are wearing thin and falling off. What damage could this do and how quickly do I need to replace the outer sleeves?

Replies2
  1. #174inchShovel2016-11-28 01:33

    I would do it much sooner than later. The sleeves are designed to roll across drive lugs with doing little if any damage over time. If you drag the bolts across the lugs, they are going to drag and rip as they go across. The tracks are expensive and you will shorten their life greatly. Go on EBay, there is a company called Vine and Branch that has all the ASV undercarriage parts to service your machine. They are not Chinese knock offs.

  2. #2f311fr12016-11-28 12:19

    You can also get ASV parts from Trac Loader Parts