Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

At 10595hrs she just keeps bringing home the bacon

EvanM ยท 2018-08-18 17:30

It's about 100deg out running at 2000rpm scratch a clearance on hard pan. Had her for 14 years more than earned her keep. She doesnt even get weekends off Trying to find time to do swing tower bushings in the next week or so. Just thought I'd share I'm baking behind the glass getting delirious holding grade on hard pan.

Replies12
  1. #1petepilot2018-08-18 18:05

    turn the ac up another notch, grin, and keep on keepin on

  2. #2EvanM2018-08-18 22:23
  3. #3petepilot2018-08-18 23:16

    I 84 a little west of boise?

  4. #4AzIron2018-08-19 10:41

    There is no feeling like paid for iron

  5. #5JL Sargent2018-08-19 11:58

    Did you buy her new? Wonder what you've spent on maintenance and repairs over that 10K?

  6. #6AzIron2018-08-19 13:49

    There are 2 rules with equipment new and payments or paid for and maintenance In my experience owner operators can maintain a high hour machine much cheaper than payments on a new one you don't really look at it on a whole life but yearly what it costs with payment and interest your looking around 20 grand a year in costs If you do your own repairs 10 years and 10000 hours later you should be way money ahead

  7. #7EvanM2018-08-19 15:13

    Bought it at about 3000hrs. We do all maintenance and repairs on all our stuff. Were a two man operation weve spent very little in repairs if you dont count our time. She is starting to want more attention lately. I feel see needs a 8ton excavator to take some slack. Let her load trucks the other machine can dig. I have been worried lately that something major is about to happen

  8. #8AzIron2018-08-19 17:52

    Sounds familiar to our setup but we doubled down and bought new backhoes kept the older ones to

  9. #9rickw2018-08-20 06:13

    That is good to know. We have a Super L w/ about 3k hrs on it. Should have a bunch of years left!

  10. #10EvanM2018-09-03 10:09

    Got tired of digging with a bucket wore out from 6000 hours or so. Built cutting edge back up with a grade blade. Welded with 6010 and 7018, have some exergon 106 that I dont care for so hard faced with it. I have never but hard facing rod. Its spendy normal rod I use to glue stuff together is better than no hard facing. This is my pride and joy. Itl burn any rod I want and smoooth. Gona spend some time with the family then start a house dig around lunch. Should been out early Tuesday the hoes supposed to be in two places at the same time

  11. #11JL Sargent2018-09-03 10:54

    I had the Miller Big 4D. I believe it was the predecessor to that one. It was a hoss. I was in bind once and used 1/4" rod as a cutting arc rod. Worked like a dream to cut pipe in a pinch. Mine was 3 phase generator to DC and I image that's what yours is. Great welding machine.

  12. #12EvanM2018-09-03 11:26

    I had a bobcat 225 and 8t blew the motor on a job. I was very close to buying a new trailblazer the big40 came along.. I do miss being able to run my 220 wire feed but can get voltage sensing feeder to run of the big40 leads. Trail blazer would be nice but doesnt have ac weld output and cost 5600. So the big big 40 is working just fine. I do alot of fence welding drill pipe and ac weld gets around magnatized material better. Big 40 does okay with 3/32 rod with lower amps