Hey guys, i've got a 2011 bobcat 205 that i'm going to trade for a deere or cat. The problem i'm having is that some of my attachments have some bobcat card in them so they won't work off deere or cat aux electrical harness. I've got a stumpgrinder, brush, chipper, v-blade. has anyone had any issues with this kind of problem? All attachments are bobcat brand. Any idea what can be done to make them work on cat or deere?
I believe that there are adaptors to change between makes. I am curious where you all in with BC. why you want to change to Deere or CAT? BC drop the ball somehow?
There's harness's that make them attach but not function, my understanding Is that the bobcat have some kind of canbus card on the attachment or something so other makes don't work even if they are hooked up with an adapter harness. It's not all attachments just some of the ones I happen to have. Were on a rollover program so a new bobcat enters the shop every year and last year they forgot to order it, and this year they told us to get a dart board cause that's the best guess as to when this years is coming.
On a rollover program so new one every year which has worked ok but over the last two years the sales dept and parts dept have really dropped the ball
Come down here if you want to see "drop the ball". The real BC dealer goes out of business, BC is picked up by independent rental store. They have a couple new machines to sell (really two). No parts and no real BC mechanic. Amazing for an area this size. Not sure what BC Corporate is thinking but I am sure you couldn't drop a rock any faster than their market share has fallen in this area.
sounds terrible
have you found a solution yet, I have 4 bobcat attachements that have the special bobcat card thing...and I want to change to CAT machine
Check out this website, they might have what I think you are looking for. Here is the link: http://www.skidsteerstuff.com/new_page_1.htm
that might solve that problem, deere said they would bypass the smart box on each attachment which would be the same as that harness i'm assuming. The other issue with some of the attachments i.e Wood chipper and stump grinder is that there is a 3rd line coming off the attachments which is a case drain line that dumps unused oil directly back into the tank to keep the oil cooler. Bobcat is the only one with a 3rd line and it is essential to not burning the motor out on the attachment. Deere said they would add a third line onto their machine but the issue with that is that if we trade up every two or 3 years we would need to pay for the line everytime we trade up. So i've come up with the conclusion i'm stuck with bobcat machines.
I have factory case drains on my Case machines (ordered them that way). I did not think it was that big of a deal. I am surprised that Deere does not offer that.
I never realized case offered them, never looked at them when was considering the new machine.