I just purchased a Cat CVP40 plate compactor in great shape. My question is, will the quick disconnects mate up to the QD's on my Fermec 960? My rig is in Montana and I'm not so I can't verify physically right now. Are hoe QD's standardized? Mike
I am talking about the hydraulic line QD's in case anyone was wondering. The unit attachment is wain-roy, already got that covered.
Hydraulic line quick disconnects come in many different sizes. It would be hard to say if they are the same or not. I'm inclined to say probably not (if I had to guess). Even if they are the same size there are also different styles/brands. Cat runs the auxilaries off of the extension circuit (if equiped), or at least they used to. If the Fermec has a dedicated circuit (for auxiliaries) the lines may be larger, especially the return side. I know you would prefer first hand knowledge from some one who has both machines but I doubt you will get it. Standardized? How many control patterns can you indentify let alone hose/fitting sizes, brands, styles, etc. Even if they don't match it shouldn't be hard to swap one set to match the other side.
Good things to consider... Good things to consider...
We've never had any success finding anything that was "standard" when it came to QD's. One of our parts supplier is also a logging outfit and they often have old or used parts that we managed to interchange for things like disconects. Not only do they usually work, but they are much cheaper, too. It helps if the parts man is knowledgeable about what interchanges.
Thanks for the responses. I already had the thought that I would need to get QD's. Just thought I'd verify it with the esteemed group. Does anybody have a line on a good source?
It would be the least hassle to check with your Fermec dealer first (if you have a good dealer that is). They should have what you need in stock (size and thread pitch) for your machine. If they employ flat face o-ring than they can probably make hoses for the tool (if they can't mate to the existing hose ends). If you don't have a good dealer, or one nearby, than any reputable hydraulic repair shop should be able to fix you up. Cat should be able to get you connected as well. Realistically any dealer should be able to help you. It's just a matter of identifying what you need.
We just installed flush-face quick disconnects on our 590SM and plate tamper. Cost $430 for the 2 sets. I hope they work out for you.