I was recently trying to determine if a loader bucket off a Cat 924Gz would pin onto a 924F, and it got me to wondering. Do the equipment manufacturers, or an industry group, publish specifications for attachments that fit their machines? I know truck manufacturers publish information for the companies that build bodies for their chassis. Do equipment manufacturers provide this support to companies that make buckets, thumbs, forks, grapples and other attachments? If so, is it available to the rest of us? It seems I am always on the search for another bucket or attachment for a machine, it would sure be nice to know what is a direct interchange, what is close and could be made to work with some modification, and what is too different to be worth considering. In these days of online sales and auctions, I think this would be a valuable resource to many.
We all wish they would, but they actually treat it more like a trade secret.