I just won a 1993 IT28B at a city auction with 3600 hours on it and need to replace the seat which looks like the birds got to it. Probably just the cushions. I will check out CAT in the morning but was woundering if any had a better mouse trap. Like heated cushions? Looks like i will be in my shop most of the winter getting cleaned up and checked out. Seems to run great but needs a little cosmetic work.
I dont know what kind of seat it has, but there are seat rebuild kits available for some. cushions, controls, sliders kits. The newer contour seats are somewhat interchangeable. They are cloth, vinyl, short or long back, arm rests, head rests, lumbar etc. The newer equipment has heated and cooled seats. There are so many variations that they are not kept in stock and are built to order and will take a week or so to get.
Do you have a link to a few sites? I would like to build something comfortable.
Here's one > KAB Seating , good stuff! All kinds of options, including but not limited to, heating/suspension systems AND no need to build it yourself just bolt it down, your butt's warm, back's happy and life's good again. NEXT!
seat heater kits http://www.heatedseatkits.com/