Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Attachment Wiring Harness Older 763 F

Buckeye Bandit ยท 2009-06-10 15:28

Any options to use newer attachments on older F series with-out connector.I have aux. hyd. but no elec. conn. .I understand from BC that this mach. used 14 pin and newer are 7 pin .They have an adapter but I would have to buy older harness and the adapter.Would like to add Harley Rake to Arsenal but $500.00 in wiring has me second guessing.As always thanks for your reply's and assistance.:beatsme

Replies3
  1. #1jrtraderny2009-06-10 20:21

    Not sure which manufacturer, but one of them makes a Harley style rake that uses 1 wire to your battery and has a remote that's wired to a remote you hang through door opening. jr

  2. #2Taylortractornu2009-06-11 05:37

    I traded for an old Bobcat grader last year that a man had at an auction. I have an 1840 Case with one circuit. I ordered Joy sticks for it but BC dealer didnt want to help with the wiring. I got to looking at the plug in and it was familiar Iwent to the Napa and bought a little old trailer plug perfect match.

  3. #3TriHonu2009-06-11 23:01

    The older 14 pin harness was just a group of 12v switched circuits with the switches on the joysticks. The newer 7 pin are 5v data communication lines from the computer. For the older attachments that used standard 12v solenoid valves it is easy to make your own control boxes. I have both a snowblower attachment that uses a winch to rotate the chute and an actuator to raise and lower the deflector. I also have a Bobcat Grader attachment with the 6-way blade. The grader has 6 12v solenoids on the control valve. I have 763C and did not want to spend the money on the attachment control kit. I made a control box for each attachment that clamps to a steering lever and holds the control box at the top of the steering lever. You can operate the attachment without letting go of the steering lever. The control box is nothing more than a set of switches to power the 12v circuits on the attachment.