Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lost keys

802MARK ยท 2009-06-10 21:02

well good news is my 325 jd will be coming home first thing tomorrow, the bad news is seaboard lost the dang keys to it. they first tried to tell me, I had them, then they said the driver never gave them the keys.. I had to point out the fact that the machine weights 8500 lbs, and asked them if they didn't have the keys how did they get the machine inside the shipping box? anyway.. what can I do now. are the jd keys for skids close enought that most will make it work?

Replies10
  1. #1Cretebaby2009-06-10 21:58

    JD skidloader keys are all the same.

  2. #2802MARK2009-06-16 02:00

    Keys Thanks for the info on that. I ordered 4 today. we ended up starting her up with a small lock key.. I see your a jd fan, let me ask you, on my 325 the back pipe is open pointing up, I tried to see down it but couldn't, shouldn't that have a rain flap? or does that water not go into the muffler pipe.

  3. #3DeereMan852009-06-16 10:04

    If you lift the hood and look at the exhaust pipe below the hood, you will notice that the pipe bells out and is not connected to the pipe below it. This leaves an opening where the pipes overlap which allows water to escape before making its way further down.

  4. #4802MARK2009-06-16 12:29

    Rain Thanks for the info deereman, I saw that but couldn't tell for sure, I knew all the skids I had seen didn't have a rain flap. here in panama we get a lot of rain so I wanted to be sure. so far I am having a ball running this machine.

  5. #5MXZ2009-06-16 22:06

    Got any pictures of the new unit?

  6. #6802MARK2009-06-16 22:09

    no photos yet!! not yet but I will get some on it

  7. #7Deereman2009-06-17 19:13

    I've seen alot of conversions on the muffler pipe. And yes rain will sometimes make it to the muff and when you crank it up it will blow black all over the machine. Also 802MARK, I would go ahead and get a couple of fuel filters. And be sure not to run it completly out of fuel. Kind of a pain. But yes send picts as soon as you can and I hope it gives you great service :thumbsup Justin

  8. #8ben@g2g2009-06-23 11:46

    Yeah we've been using a screwdriver for the last 2 years to start our Case. Never did figure out where the keys went.

  9. #9DeereMan852009-06-23 17:06

    Assuming it's not uniquely keyed, you could get one at your local dealer for under 5 dollars.

  10. #10ben@g2g2009-06-24 07:03

    Yeah, apparently the key is partially broken off inside. So until we get that out a new key won't help. I have no idea how that happened.