I have just recently purchased a Ford 755a backhoe. I have some questions that I hope the community would be able to answer. I wish there was a better network for these tractors. Parts and info is scarce. What type of oil does the engine use? Where is the fill cap? Is it common for the steering pistons to leak? I have to add fluid daily. I have a leak at the hydraulic cooler. Can those be repaired? Has any had the 1 2 3 shifter freeze? I can't seem to get it freed up. Thanks,
Around here Fords are pretty common and we have a great local dealer, I have grandpas 8n he bought new, still runs still 6v. I have dads 3000 use it daily great little tractor, I have a 445 skip loader love it. Oil? well probably any 30w diesel oil, fill cap probably on the valve cover? steering pistons leaking is common I fixed both of mine pretty easy and cheap if I remember right you need a good set of snap ring pliers. On my 445 I have the big bucket I cant turn the tires while the tractor is stopped( undersized steering rams) get her rolling she will go wherever you want. I am struggling to remember a 755 but, I would guess the oil cooler is in front of the radiator, I bet there is a bent up grill in front of it. I bet a chained up tree crashed into it, that is what happened to mine! :beatsme
if it has the four cylinder turbo then oil fill is in front of the injection pump. looks like a power steering pump.