Help with union. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I read your posts and you seem to be very involved with the union and had some questions about the union. I live near Rockford Illinois. Currently I go to college at Kishwaukee College in Malta, IL and will graduate in April with a Associates of Applied Science Degree in Diesel Power and Technology. I am interested in becoming a union mechanic, what ssteps do I have to go through to do this? Who would I talk to or go and see? Also, I grew up on a family farm and have great experince in a John Deere 410 backhoe and have spent many hours in a skid steer moving manure. This is probably not the same thing as running a loader, or a crawler, or even using a skid steer to do dirt work, however, I have always enjoyed running tractors and machines and would maybe be interested in becoming an equipment operator, how would I go about doing this? I don't know much about the union ad would likke to find out. Do you haave to get more certifications to run more machines? I would assume so, so would having more certifications make you more valuable to an employer? How much does union school cost? Thanks for your help I appreciate it very very much. Thank you:ban
No replies yet.