Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auction Preview

DKinWA ยท 2005-03-27 23:25

Ritchie Bros is having another auction this week in Washington and I spent the day wandering the yards and checking things out. I figured I'd post a few pics of what's on the block.

Replies23
  1. #1DKinWA2005-03-27 23:26

    Another picture.

  2. #2DKinWA2005-03-27 23:28

    Another one

  3. #3DKinWA2005-03-27 23:32

    Bridge decking

  4. #4DKinWA2005-03-27 23:34

    Another one

  5. #5DKinWA2005-03-27 23:43

    I'll post more if folks are interested. I'm going to the auction on both days, so I'll get some "action" shots so folks can see what they're missing. If you've never been to a Ritchie Bros. auction, it can be summed up as well orchestrated kaos. There's lots of people, cell phones constantly ringing, lots of diesel smoke, ground shaking from the big machines on the ramp and a lot of equipment and vehicles sold for millions of dollars. It's an adventure!!

  6. #6Dwan Hall2005-03-28 01:09

    yes, more pictures please

  7. #7DKinWA2005-03-28 01:54

    Stroker delimbers

  8. #8DKinWA2005-03-28 01:56

    I'm thinking some of this fire equipment might come in handy around here this summer.

  9. #9DKinWA2005-03-28 02:09

    I always wondered what the Farmi winches looked like. I'm pretty sure this one would fit on my New Holland TC40.

  10. #10DKinWA2005-03-28 02:10

    Lots of excavators!!!

  11. #11DKinWA2005-03-28 02:11

    Nice little stump grinder.

  12. #12DKinWA2005-03-28 02:13

    I need to add about 8 hours to the 1480 it already has and then I'll have everything cleaned up around here.

  13. #13DKinWA2005-03-28 02:14

    It'd be nice to have one of these for cleaning up some of my machines. I'll post more pics from the auction later this week.

  14. #14DKinWA2005-03-28 02:16

    Oops. One more picture of the machine I'd like to bring home with me after the auction. Too bad it will go for more than I can afford :crying

  15. #15coopers2005-03-28 03:28

    Holy crap! Where is this in WA? I'd love to go to one of those. Blake WA

  16. #16Dwan Hall2005-03-28 10:31

    All one can do is dream! Is that someware around Olympia (sp)? on I-5 this Wensday and Thursday?

  17. #17DKinWA2005-03-28 11:10

    Yep, it's south of Olympia, but you can watch the auction if you have a high speed internet connection. Go to their website and sign up for web bidding and you can watch it via computer live. I don't remember how you go about setting it up, but do it before auction day if you want to try it out. Here's a link to the Ritchie Bros. site. I usually watch our local auction via internet if I can't attend. The auctions are extremely busy and fast moving, but you can meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world. It's also amazing how much money is spent in a few hours.

  18. #18BKrois2005-03-28 19:52

    I'm a sucker for auctions, i go to as many as i can just because i enjoy them. Theres actually a decent size one tuesday and wednesday in north franklin connecticut but the weather keeps me from going. Its fun to see all the equipment being sold and to see what it sells for, a good deal at an auction seems hard to find now though.

  19. #19LaLaMan2005-04-08 19:26

    There must be some AMAZING blowout deals there, or what?

  20. #20DKinWA2005-04-08 23:25

    It was more like "or what". I had to work and only caught bits and pieces of the auction via the web and things went high. The grader I was interested it went for a little under $40K. I've heard of folks running equipment for several thousand hours and turning around and getting more for it at auction than they paid for it. It's a great show to watch and a lot of money gets spent, but I think a buyer can do better for many things shopping on their own.

  21. #21Dusty2005-08-09 15:36

    i am not allowed to go to those type of events i get in trouble :crying

  22. #22Dwan Hall2005-08-09 15:50

    Dusty; I am verry lucky for my wife/partner/best buddy, loves to go to them and sometimes I have to tie her hands behind her back or she is always scratching her nose if you know what I meen.

  23. #23chechnya2006-01-04 23:22

    Cutest little grader i ever did see. Great pictures.