Looking at bidding on a peice of equipment at Richie bros. I can't make it to the auction till mid morning. Does anyone know an average time it takes to sell each peice of equipment? Looking at lot #180. Auction starts at 8am
It usually averages 45 seconds to one minute per lot in the drive through. If you can make it by 10 you would be safe, 10:30 is risky, 11 and you will get to hear what it sold for. An option if you can't make it on time is to contact Ritchie in advance and place a proxy bid. They will place your bid in the live auction up to what you authorize. You can call or go in to the office in advance and set it up.
it has a lot to do with what type of items being sold and if there is a lot of the same if they offer choice or group lot's it can go faster.If it's something you really want or need you better get there early or bid online. I usually figure about 1 min per item also
I would bid online. Only thing is it says it takes 48hrs to get approved. Monday is a national holiday here and the auction is on Wednesday
Submit the application anyway. They always seem to get it done in time.
Got registered to bid online today. Thanks for your help
I would be watching by 9:45 at the latest, depends on what is on the block first, if its something like forklifts that they sell in groups of 10 or more they go through the lots fast.
Well I ended up bidding on the item online. But was not the highest bidder. Things must be slower in Montreal. It did not go across the block till 12:30. I found one that is similar that I can by for less than the one at auction. So I will try to make a deal on it tomorrow.
What is it you are looking for?
I've seen them start the bidding on proxy bids at times. Keep it in mind for the future.
Single drum compactor