Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auctioning heavy equipment

TMA ยท 2014-02-28 16:09

Has anyone ever used an online auction site for heavy equipment? If so, which one and what was your experience with the auction site?

Replies2
  1. #1kshansen2014-02-28 18:06

    The company I work for seems to like IronPlanet.Com They send a guy by who does a quick inspection to see what works or doesn't. Never saw them actually work a machine just start and maybe drive around to see it move and if hydraulics work with no load. Then take bunch of pictures and post the info to their web site with the date and time of auction. For us it always says shipping is the job of who ever buys it. I have no idea of what they charge for the service, probably a percentage of selling price. The older and smaller machines seem to bring better prices than some of the newer electronic controlled machine do. It's almost shocking what a non-running 966C Cat loader with missing tires will bring.

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-03-01 01:48

    I've bought and sold thru Bidadoo. It's all done on Ebay. They do everything for you for a percentage of the sale. You can set a reserve but they mostly prefer no reserve listings. They have contacts with many global brokers so it's not like your just waiting for a standard ebay user to buy your equipment. They handle a ton of disbursements for Sunbelt, United Rentals, and Boeing. I've been amazed at the prices they get for certain machines.