Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aussie Invasion!

Gumby ยท 2009-03-20 09:46

G'Day from the great land of Oz Case Tractors, Komatsu Dozers and Stihl saws are my interests Cheers, Michelle

Replies27
  1. #1Steve Frazier2009-03-20 09:47

    You're more like a reinforcement than an invader at this point. We've got nearly as many Aussies here as Americans. Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup

  2. #2Squizzy246B2009-03-20 09:53

    Somebody has to keep the standards up!

  3. #3Gumby2009-03-20 10:07

    Nice to know I will be loved and I think I may be prettier than most on here being female

  4. #4Squizzy246B2009-03-20 10:22

    Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums Michelle. Which side of the country do you hide on?. I ask because we are being over-run with croweaters at present.

  5. #5Gumby2009-03-20 10:25

    I'm a SE Queenslander, would normally say sunny, but we are loving the wet stuff at the moment!

  6. #6digger242j2009-03-20 11:03

    Just remember then, that any discussions about makeup or how to keep from getting runs in your hosiery are restricted to the "Graders" forum. :cool2 And, welcome.

  7. #7Grader4me2009-03-20 11:42

    :lmao:crying Can't decide which smilie to use. Welcome to the forum Gumby! Please feel free to visit us at the grader forum. You might be able to give us some tips on proper dress code... lol

  8. #8Gumby2009-03-20 12:17

    Ha Ha you can't wear a dress when your driving a grader! I'm worried this is making me sound very unattractive! I wear my boots during the day but I scrub up well at night I am a farm girl and have had to learn how to drive the boys toys out of neccessity Loaders are fun too It's always handy to be able to weild a chainsaw around winter...never cold at my house! Michelle

  9. #9Ross2009-03-20 18:27

    Welcome ... Dont forget Us Englishmen Keeping order among the outpost's

  10. #10Iron Horse2009-03-20 19:15

    Psst ! Wanna buy a loaf of bread ?

  11. #11HEO Girl2009-03-20 20:48

    YAY!! Another female!!! Welcome to the forums!!!

  12. #12Hendrik2009-03-20 21:14

    Guess we'll have to remember to put the toilet seat down now. Anyway now that my feeble attempt at humour has flopped I might as well welcome you aboard, I am noticing a lot more chicks driving trucks and such, good on em I reckon as long as they are willing to get dirty looking after the machine.

  13. #13OCR2009-03-20 21:17

    New Member Introductions > Aussie Invasion! What do you mean... a loaf of bread?? Last I heard, it was this you were trying to peddle... And to australian pete too. I want the bread!!! OCR Welcome Gumby... :thumbsup

  14. #14Iron Horse2009-03-20 22:09

    I'm thinking with my crooked ways , that my relatives may have been sent over from Britain for an extended holiday in Van Demons land .

  15. #15OCR2009-03-20 22:32

    New Member Introductions > Aussie Invasion! Well get the bread from them too, if there's any left... :lmao I'm hungry!! OCR

  16. #16Squizzy246B2009-03-21 00:39

    Nevermind...all the bad ones were "bound for South Australia"

  17. #17RocksnRoses2009-03-21 06:05

    Hmmmmm!!!! Turn my back for half a minute and look what happens! Welcome to the Forums, Gumby, we really are not that bad.:IMO:drinkup Rn'R.

  18. #18Squizzy246B2009-03-21 06:35

    :naughty:naughty:falldownlaugh

  19. #19bill onthehill2009-03-21 07:20

    prettier than squizzy for sure. have you seen his legs?

  20. #20Squizzy246B2009-03-21 07:34

    Yeah...all those years packin down in the second row sure does make for a great set of knees

  21. #21stock2009-03-21 18:49

    G'day sheila, or is that now politically incorrect,Failte to the forum Stock

  22. #22JDOFMEMI2009-03-22 20:05

    Welcome Good to hear from a woman's perspective now and then. Don't let us scare you off.

  23. #23Gumby2009-03-26 10:43

    Sheila, peice umm a few other words I wont mention, are just fine! And while your at it look at my post in the dozer forum about my Komatsu! No ones answered Im just a girl, please help me Does that work around here?! he he Michelle

  24. #24Stripeyjack2009-06-13 06:47

    Well another Aussie on board, back on the forum after some time away....from the foothills of the Great Divide in Victoria...if it is yellow or has the words Caterpillar, Valmet, Kenworth or looks remotely like a truck or forestry/earthmoving piece of gear I will be looking on in interest!

  25. #25Hendrik2009-06-13 09:54

    So a yellow Cat will really get you going?

  26. #26Stripeyjack2009-06-13 17:39

    Well I guess you could say that...to plan a trip to the US:usa solely around going through the Cat plant In Peoria, as I did, would be a pretty fair indicator that I have a bit of a passing interest in their equipment line. Either that or I am just a coupla cans short of a slab.....

  27. #27australian pete2009-06-14 07:29

    my past is coming back to haunt me!!!!!!