Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Here

scotmanster ยท 2009-03-25 21:12

Been on heavy equipment since I was 8. My father owns a few crawlers and used to take us for rides when we where kids. I went to Boces and took Conservation and Heavy Equipment Operation and passed the top of my class. Never really landed a job running heavy equipment though becuase all the places I applied said I need to previous on the job training. So I took up another trade skill. My father recently purchased a JD440a skidder and JD bulldozer. So in all he wants us to start our own small business up together with our 5 pieces of heavy equipment. Haven't really put it all down on paper yet but thinking about doing firewood/logging/clearing. With the recent rise in home heating I'm thinking people will be more proned to installing woodstoves/outside woodstoves and burning wood to save on costs. Looking into buying a firewood processing machine and a skid steer to kickstart the business.

Replies3
  1. #1Stuk_Again2009-04-12 12:55

    welcome

  2. #2trenchman2009-04-14 22:39

    Hi everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself here since I've been on HEF for about a year now. I must say that this is a awesome website. I am from Kaukauna, WI and do trenching, gas, electric, cable and some sewer and water. My question is were do I post so I can talk with people who do primarily trenching on HEF, My business is 95% trenching and I don't see anything like that on here. Keith

  3. #3Steve Frazier2009-04-14 23:00

    Welcome trenchman:drinkup I'd post either under "Other Earthmoving Equipment" or "Other Compact Equipment" depending on the size of your equipment.