Taken in the Northern Territory in the early 80s. Note the aircon cab & PPE worn by operator.....I miss those days.
Looks like he's meeting all the regulations of the time, Jim. We had to meet the same stringent requirements here, too. Those air conditioned cabs worked really well until you had to load a crusher hopper in to the wind. That is one bit about the 80's I don't miss. What's the story behind the pic? Rn'R.
Looks like one of Frank Markets boats from Cairns....lucky they had the loader
NT Loader This pic came from "The NT Picture Book",which I bought in the 80s while travelling around Oz.I was looking thru it last night,& spotted this pic. The loader is working in Nhulunbuy. R&R...you're right...it's nice operating in quiet,calm conditions ,but when a sandstorm or hailstorm comes,ya can't beat the cabin. I got caught in a sandstorm up at Sandstone once...lasted for hours & couldn't see 20 feet.I parked the 966E up & just watched it go past. It's all part of the learning curve...
Hahaha, nice one (pic). You can't sell them (as a dealer) to a buyer, without fitting a ROPS structure over them. It's illegal to sell them without it.