Looking for information concerning this Roller?? Internet friend of mine has a friend with a Paving Company that found it, painted it, parked it at the entrance to their business. Anyone know anything about this machine or where I'd look to find information? It's an Austin brand. Thanks in advance!!!
Geez nice job... let's put some heat in it!.... If nobody here knows, HCEA "Historical Construction Equipment at hcea.net should be able to help with their archives on Austin.
I am not 100% sure, but I think that machine was part of the Austin offerings, possibly before the merger of Austin Western, when it was the F.C. Austin Manufacturing company. It could be that the roller was still built under the Austin name, even after the merger. Austin Western was better known for their motor graders. Eventually that company was purchased by BLH.
Thanks for the information guys!!! They didn't attempt to get it running. Just using it for a show piece. I think it would make a great "Parade" ride!!!! Bib overalls, white long sleeved shirt with the sleeves up and a wide brimmed straw hat of course!!!