Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2005 Wacker Neuson rd11 vibratory not working

Blacktoppaver · 2020-01-04 07:29

Hello I have a Wacker Neuson rd11. The vibratory is not working correctly. I replaced the plastic coupling that connects the exciter motor and drum of the roller. Before I put it back together I pressed the vibratory switch to make sure the motor still turns which it does. I also changed the hydraulic filter when I was at it. I put the assembly back together but it still isn’t work correctly. Is shakes slightly but seems like is not getting full power. I checked all the hoses leading to it and it is getting hydraulic. Just wanted to see if I’m going in the right direction. Thank you

Replies6
  1. #1Tags2020-01-04 10:30

    Sent you a PM. But, if everything looks like it is working with the vibrating motor hold there be chance the exciter shaft or bearings are failing? Or the vibratory motor isn't spinning fast enough?

  2. #2Blacktoppaver2020-01-04 18:20

    Hello I think like you said it not spinning fast enough. What do you think I should do. Should I try to get a rebuild kit for the exciter motor? Or do you think I’m better off getting a new exciter motor. Thank you

  3. #3Blacktoppaver2020-01-04 18:37

    Also I use regular hydraulic fluid. Do you think it’s possible that its too thick for the motor. Should I use thinner fluid. Thank you

  4. #4wlhequipment2023-10-05 09:22

    This thread is fairly old, but did you find the problem? I’ve got an RD12 that’s doing the exact same thing.

  5. #5wlhequipment2025-04-02 13:59

    I had to look back on the old invoice because I have CRS. It looks like it boiled down to the relay, but that was before I switched from Quickbooks to Xero, and some data was lost, and the detailed description is something that didn't move correctly. So that's the best I can say.

  6. #6wlhequipment2025-04-02 15:40

    OOPS disregard, I put this in the wrong place.