Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Austin-Western Grader

doncampbell ยท 2009-02-12 10:45

Here is a picture I took of a pretty good looking old Austin-Western grader parked along the road in Northern Michigan on one of our rides in the country.

Replies10
  1. #1ovrszd2009-02-12 13:51

    Somebody put in a lot of restoration time on that machine!!!

  2. #2doncampbell2009-02-12 17:13

    Not to mention the pretty big investment in the new tires .

  3. #3stretch2009-02-12 19:09

    What's with the For Sale sign...who'd want to sell a nice machine like that? :naughty

  4. #4cat d92009-02-12 21:44

    Don, Does it have the IH engine or the Detroit Diesel

  5. #5Super Roel2009-02-13 13:56

    Austin Western grader . I have a few pictures from a similar machine in military livery . This was from a historic with old iron .

  6. #6doncampbell2009-02-13 14:05

    Very Nice !! I love graders TOO !! Not sure what it had for a engine , but I would have loved to buy it , I think it was priced at $3,500.00 I almost got to drive my first grader last summer, maybe this summer . Possibly a Cat no. 16

  7. #7doncampbell2009-02-13 14:14

    I have built about 15 all steel model graders and enjoyed making the parts and watching them take shape on my workbench. Here is one of the all steel grader models I built.

  8. #8Super Roel2009-02-13 14:32

    Graders , Hello Mr. Campbell , Thanks for your reply , i was for almost 40 years grader operator , i just retired , and i have more than 100 gradermodels , towed , tr.grader and motorgraders , and a lot off graderbrochures and pictures , but what you mentioned about a Cat no 16 thats is great machine and i hope you enjoying it .

  9. #9doncampbell2009-02-13 17:14

    Hi Roel, Sounds like you got a great collection of grader toys and literature. I also love looking at literature. I guess I got this liking of machinery pretty bad. It's almost like a drug, but to get a fix I just head to the shop and build a few more model machinery parts, ha,ha.

  10. #10vanderlei2010-04-07 17:37

    old grader hello mr. Campbell!their replies are breathtaking! you cat has manufactured some 12 grader with cabin?'ve seen the pictures of their projects and graders are my favorite machines!:notworthy:drinkup