Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Austin Western Pacer 300 travel speed

eric s ยท 2014-03-06 11:38

Can anybody tell me what the travel speed is for a 68 pacer 300? thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1bigrus2014-03-09 17:12

    The A/W 301 Supers we had out here in the early 80's (all wheel drive) were slow, under 20 mph. Just for an idea

  2. #2eric s2014-03-09 23:34

    I was hoping for a little more, but it is what it is! thanks..

  3. #3eric s2014-03-13 01:38

    I got a look at the machine in question today and it has the factory sticker in the cab. 18.7 mph in 3rd High. 3100 hrs on this machine so I think I will bid on it!

  4. #4bigrus2014-03-13 03:10

    Wasn't far off the mark Under 20 mph I knew the 301 Supers were slow, probably pushing the front diff (6WD) Old 12E's only did about 19-20 also

  5. #5eric s2014-03-15 01:04

    A picture of the Pacer 300 that I just got.

  6. #6eric s2014-03-15 01:06

    And another!

  7. #7Jim D2014-03-21 00:34

    That's a good buy! I wish that I had it. It just needs tire chains on the front axle... The county road dept here still has one or two running, as back-up machines. On a crisp, clear morning, after a storm, you can hear one running many miles away.

  8. #8Dwan Hall2014-03-25 01:02

    Mine is still running great. More on it here. HeavyEquipmentForums