Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auto shift

jbharmening · 2023-12-28 17:48

Thoughts on auto shift for snow removal. Is it bad to use all the time?

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-12-29 01:11

    With the vague info you gave, I'd say it's not a good idea to use it all the time. Don't know if you're doing rural roads, highways or plowing in populated area's. I'd think there would be times you want to go slow and cautious.

  2. #2jbharmening2023-12-29 08:36

    My route starts in town. Then work my way onto some paved highways and finish out county gravels on the rest.

  3. #3cuttin edge2023-12-29 16:56

    Not sure what you are running. My Volvo has a travel mode, an auto and a manual mode. According to the manual, Travel is only for travel, and auto and manual are interchangeable. I always plowed in auto. Only time I use manual is for fine grading. The sudden shift can cause a dip as your tires squat. If you have a transmission temp gauge, just watch the temp in hard pushing.

  4. #4biggrader2024-01-18 23:35

    All Day Every Day !!!! but I have a deere