Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Autocar rock body

special tool ยท 2008-12-12 14:51

Finally got a good picture of my truck when it was new. I had been looking for this dump body style to put on it. It is used as a site truck only (because it is almost DOT overloaded when it is empty - it is a REAL truck. Do any of you guys have any idea where to find, or someone who could make me a body like this? The body that is on it now is a pathetic Bibababadoowhapeau, and it doesn't cut it. My truck has the exact spec as written on this photo exept for the pit fenders which were made to ease service, and it now has a very heavy telescoping piston. Thanks in advance for any leads. I am also always interested in any info leading to Autocar AP trucks.

Replies14
  1. #1PSDF3502008-12-12 17:18

    Osgood welding Address: Grissom Lane City: Claremont State: New-Hampshire ZIP: 03743 Phone: (603)543-1703

  2. #2Pecord Exc2008-12-12 18:03

    Try T & T body King up in Latham NY, They built a couple of our trucks with beauroc boxes and I believe that they also build custom boxes

  3. #3Steve Frazier2008-12-12 18:10

    There's a company in New Jersey in the Newark area that upfits trucks (the name escapes me) that has a line of severe service bodies. Most of the dumps I saw in the Metro NY area when I worked in that area had their tag on the back of them. Can any of you Jersey guys help me out with the name?

  4. #4special tool2008-12-12 18:21

    Those are gold! You guys are great.

  5. #5Nac2008-12-12 18:24

    Bristol Donald

  6. #6surfer-joe2008-12-12 19:45

    I don't know if Atlas or Allied Trailer are still in business in Canada. Years ago we used their beds in Detroit and that picture you have is the spittin image of the one we used, excepting only that they were four axle end dumps.

  7. #7Pecord Exc2008-12-12 20:00

    The only problem I have ever had with these boxes are the extra high frames... they make the box sit an extra 6 inches above your frame rails raising the center of gravity

  8. #8Steve Frazier2008-12-13 05:38

    That's it Nac, thanks!! They had some of the toughest bodies I had seen short of an off road hauler.

  9. #9nedly052008-12-13 09:17

    Iroquois Mfg. in Hinesburg vt makes a great rock body, we have one on our Granite and I hauled 2' minus shot rock with it this summer, I was a bit hesitant but in the end I hauled 8 loads and it never made a ding in the body!

  10. #10Case 580e2009-02-22 21:00

    i think the company in newark your talking about is bristol donald

  11. #11willie592009-02-22 21:27

    "a pathetic Bibababadoowhapeau" ??? I couldn't find that in the dictionary. Is it somehow related to FUBAR??

  12. #12Steve Frazier2009-02-22 23:58

    Bibeau (pronounced BeeBoo) body

  13. #13willie592009-02-23 21:33

    Hey, I can say that! I'm just havin' difficulty saying that thing special tool wrote down. It takes some tallent to come up with a word like that! :notworthy

  14. #14Steve Frazier2009-02-23 23:35

    LOL, ok. I wasn't sure those things made as far south as you are.