Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Aux Hydraulic Couplers

Orchard Ex ยท 2005-11-28 16:21

Is there a "standard" for the type of couplers used on SSL attachments? I see the flat face connectors being used mostly on the new machines, is that the preferred coupler? Does anyone have part numbers or a good source? My Kubota TLB has aux. hyd. and I'd like to be able to rent grapples, augers, etc. without swaping couplers. It has Parker H4's but I'm not sure that they will work with the rental attachments. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Steve Frazier2005-11-28 17:50

    While they all look very similar, there are a few variations of these connectors. I have a Cat, I know Case connectors are different, NH are the same. I'm not sure of other brands. What I did was purchase an extra set of connectors to have on hand if the attachment I rented had a different connector. If you plan to rent from the same dealer all the time, just convert your machine to his connector.

  2. #2CascadeScaper2005-11-29 02:31

    There are differences between brands. We had some low quality couplers on our Harley rake and it leaked fluid like none other. As soon as we switched it over to Cat couplers no more leaks!

  3. #3Orchard Ex2005-11-29 19:55

    Are the flat face connectors worth the extra cost? My thought was to go with whichever ones Bobcat uses since that is what is rented around here. Anybody know what brand they ship out with? Parker? If everyone has settled on the bobtach plate as standard I wonder why not a standard quick coupler? :beatsme

  4. #4xkvator2005-12-01 09:09

    if you dont want to switch your couplers, just make up a set of adapters.